QUINTA DOS FRADES GRANDE RESERVA 2013
- Denomination: DOC
- Region: DOURO
- Type: Red Wine
- Grape Varieties: The traditional vineyards have more than 23 grape varieties, predominantly Touriga Franca, Tinta Amarela, Tinta da Barca, Tinta Carvalha, Tinta Francisca, Tinto Cão, Bastardo, Rufete and Donzelinho.
- Age of Grapevines: Around 90 years old.
- Type of soil: Schist.
- Alcohol content: 14.5%vol.
- Year: 2013
- Aging: 12 months in new French oak barrels. Minimum of 12 months aging in bottles.
- Tasting Notes: Appearance: opaque, with a narrow violet/bluish halo. Nose: black wild berries, with spicy touches, some toasting and excellent wood. Palate: voluminous, with fresh notes of ripe black fruit, tannins silky but present. Very long finish of an unusual elegance.
- Service suggestions: Decant previously. Serve at a temperature at 16 ºC. Pairs well with all types of regional dishes, as well as game and other heavily seasoned foods. Good with Mediterranean dishes.
- Enologist: Anselmo Mendes