COMENDADOR DELFIM FERREIRA GRANDE RESERVA 2011
- Denomination: DOC
- Region: DOURO
- Type: Red Wine
- Grape Varieties: The traditional vineyards have more than 23 grape varieties, predominantly Touriga Franca, Tinta Amarela, Tinta da Barca, Tinta Carvalha, Tinta Francisca, Tinto Cão, Bastardo, Rufete and Donzelinho.
- Age of Grapevines: Around 90 years old.
- Type of soil: Schist.
- Alcohol content: 14.5%vol.
- Year: 2011
- Aging: 18 months in new French oak barrels, with light toast and origin controlled by us. Minimum of 18 months aging in bottles.
- Bottling: June 2013 - 2,700 bottles (0.75 l)
- Tasting notes: Clear ruby colour, aroma of wild berries with premium smoky wood. Strong structure and finesse to the palate, with a long and silky finish.
- Enologist: Anselmo Mendes