VINHA DOS SANTOS RED 2015
- Denomination: D.O.C.
- Region: DOURO
- Type: Red wine
- Alcohol content: 13.5%
- pH: 3.7
- Acidity: 4.5 g/l
- The Wine: Vinho dos Santos Red is a red-coloured wine with an aroma of wild red berries and spices. A full-bodied and smooth profile.
- Winemaking Year: The winter of 2015 was cold and rainy, followed by a warm spring and a mild summer.
Despite the series of adverse weather conditions both before and during the cutting process (spells of rain in mid-September and a recommended early harvest), the balance and health of the grapes was not affected.
- Varieties: A mixture of traditional Douro varieties, with a predominance of Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Tinta Roriz.
- Vineyards: Shale soil.
Produced with old vines (over 30 years old) from the Quinta dos Frades estate, as described in 1951 in Diário do Norte, vineyards with an innovative layout on slopes, and with a number of vineyards on flat ground.
- Vinification: The grapes are screened manually, destalked and foot trodden in granite presses in which the alcoholic fermentation takes place. Malolactic fermentation and the subsequent ageing process are both conducted in a stainless steel vat.
- Ageing and Bottling: Aged in a stainless steel vat for 12 months.
Aged in a bottle for 12 months.
Bottled in March 2017.
- Production: 27,000 bottles
- Allergen information: Contains sulphites
- Enology: Anselmo Mendes