QUINTA DOS FRADES GRANDE RESERVE RED 2015
- Denomination: D.O.C.
- Region: DOURO
- Type: Red wine
- Alcohol content: 14.5%
- pH: 3.6
- Acidity: 5.0 g/l
- The Wine: Quinta dos Frades is produced in excellent harvests only.
This wine features velvety black fruit and spicy notes.
Full-bodied with rounded tannins. A smooth wine with great balance and a long aftertaste.
- Winemaking Year: The winter of 2015 was cold with considerable rainfall, followed by a warm spring and a mild summer. The wine harvest was slightly early, and the grapes were picked in mid-September, without this harming the health and balance of the grapes.
- Varieties: A mixture of traditional Douro varieties, with a predominance of Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Tinta Amarela.
- Vineyards: Shale soil.
This wine is composed of a field blend of old wines (over 90 years old) from the Quinta dos Frades estate.
- Vinification: The grapes are screened manually, destalked and foot trodden in granite presses.
The entire alcoholic fermentation process also takes place in granite presses. The must is then placed in stainless steel vats where the malolactic fermentation occurs, and then in French oak barrels to age.
- Ageing and Bottling: 12 months in new French oak barrels.
Aged in a bottle for 15 months.
Bottled in March 2017.
- Production: 21,000 bottles
- Allergen information: Contains sulphites
- Enology: Anselmo Mendes