DONA SYLVIA GRANDE RESERVE RED 2015
- Denomination: D.O.C.
- Region: DOURO
- Type: Red wine
- Alcohol content: 14.5%
- pH: 3.6
- Acidity: 5.0 g/l
- The Wine: The longing and care dedicated to the memory of their grandmother was the inspiration for this wine, which her grandchildren decided to name after her.
The Dona Sylvia batch is prepared through the careful selection of the best barrels.
The wine features lively notes of wild black berries. It has an excellent concentration of fruit with a full body, and the wood provides notes of exotic spices. Ageing potential.
This black fruity wine is full-bodied and complex. It lingers in the mouth, and features solid tannins and a potential for ageing.
- Winemaking Year: The year 2015 was cold with considerable rainfall, followed by a warm spring and a mild summer. The wine harvest was slightly early, and the grapes were picked in mid-September, without this harming the health and balance of the grapes.
- Varieties: A mixture of traditional Douro varieties, with a predominance of Touriga Franca and Tinta Amarela.
- Vineyards: Shale soil.
This wine is produced with grapes from old vines (over 90 years old) from the Quinta dos Frades estate.
- Vinification: The grapes are screened manually, destalked and foot trodden in granite presses in which the alcoholic fermentation takes place. Malolactic fermentation occurs in a stainless steel vat, followed by ageing in a French oak barrel.
- Ageing and Bottling: 12 months in new French oak barrels.
Aged in a bottle for 18 months.
Bottled in March 2017.
- Production: 2,600 bottles
- Allergen information: Contains sulphites
- Enology: Anselmo Mendes