VINHA DOS DEUSES RESERVE RED 2016
- Denomination: D.O.C.
- Region: DOURO
- Type: Red wine
- Alcohol content: 14%
- pH: 3.6
- Acidity: 5.0 g/l
- The Wine: Produced in exceptional harvests only.
A red-coloured wine with shades of brown. A black fruit aroma, balsamic and spicy notes. Strong, more mature tannins with a smooth velvety texture.
- Winemaking Year: The winter of 2016 was rainy with low temperatures that persisted into the spring. August was very hot, which delayed maturation. Despite the delay due to the adverse weather conditions, the health and balance of the grapes were not affected.
- Varieties: A mixture of traditional Douro varieties, with a predominance of Touriga Franca.
- Vineyards: Shale soil.
This wine is produced from hundred-year-old vines from the Quinta dos Frades estate.
- Vinification: The grapes are screened manually, destalked and foot trodden in granite presses in which the alcoholic fermentation takes place. Malolactic fermentation occurs in a stainless steel vat. The wine is then aged in 225-litre French oak barrels.
- Ageing and Bottling: 12 months in French oak barrels.
Bottled in May 2018.
- Production: 14,000 bottles
- Allergen information: Contains sulphites
- Enology: Anselmo Mendes